Sunday 14 June 2015

Dice Snakes



I decided to find out some info on dice snakes because we saw one last week on our trip to the cave click here to read the full story.  
  • The female Dice snake (Natrix tessellata) is bigger than the male they can get up to 130 cm long!
  • The under belly of this snake is orange or sometimes yellow, top of the snake olive brown with black spots similar to a dice :)
  • Normally will live near rivers,ponds and lakes its main diet is fish but will also feed on frogs, toads and tadpoles.
  • This snake is not venomous!! For it's defence it will let out a very horrible smell just like a Grass snake ( Natrix natrix) and it will also fake dead.
  •  This snake lays 10 to 35 eggs!!!!!
  •  Some times the dice snake will lay its eggs next to the grass snake eggs



Dice snake

Dice snake swimming

Dice snake eating a fish
Thanks for reading my blog!!

I found this new awesome video platform called Viuly, I started using it a few months ago and I upload nature videos on it regularly. I really like it because it pays you to watch and upload videos. If you wanna check out my nature videos on Viuly you can sign up from HERE!! It will earn me and you a bit of cash if you do!! Thanks ;) Or if you want to watch my videos on You Tube click here ;)



My Channel ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment