Sunday 5 July 2015

List of snakes in Bulgaria

I have made a site with information on every single reptile species in Bulgaria /https://bulgarianreptiles.weebly.com/



1. Javelin sand boa (Eryx jaculus)  - Non venomous specie




2. Smooth snake (Coronella austriaca)  - Non venomous specie



3.  Caspian whip snake( Dolichophis caspius) -  Non venomous specie but looks similar to the Montpellier snake that is very venomous and it also lives in Bulgaria




4.  Four lined snake (Elaphe quatuorlineata) - Non venomous specie personally one of my favourite snakes in Bulgaria, but I still haven't seen one.




5. Blotched snake (Elaphe sauromates) - Non venomous specie, haven't seen one yet.





6. Montpellier snake ( Malpolon monspessulanus) - Venomous snake, but it is very rare here in Bulgaria




7.  Grass snake (Natrix natrix) - Non venomous species very common here in Bulgaria. They spend most of the time in or around water where they can eat frogs




8. Dice snake ( Natrix tessellata) - Non venomous species seen it twice click here for more info on this snake



9. Red whip snakePlatyceps collaris)- Non venomous species looks allot like the Dahl's whip snake which also lives in bulgaria, also non venomous



10. Dahl's whip snakePlatyceps najadum) - Non venomous species see if you can spot the difference to the red whip snake!

  



11. European cat snake (Telescopus fallax) - This is a highly venomous snake, but very pretty.  I've never seen one but really want to :)



12. Aesculapian snake (Zamenis longissimus)- Non venomous very, very common.  I've seen lots this year they have bitten a few times as well. They can grow up to 2 m long!!! The baby snakes look a alike to the grass snake, Natrix natrix



13. European rat snake (Zamenis situla) - Non venomous species lives near the black sea!



14. Worm snake (Typhlops vermicularis) - Non venomous species, it is blind I really want to see one they look like worm DUUUUUUUUUUU.




15.  Horned nosed viper (Vipera ammodytes)- The most venomous snake in Europe and I have seen it twice!! it is definitely my favourite snake in Bulgaria, apparently the horn on its head is soft and flexible!!!


  
16. Adder (Vipera berus) - Venomous snake only seen it once or twice they are very amazing snakes.



Thanks for reading my blog!!

I found this new awesome video platform called Viuly, I started using it a few months ago and I upload nature videos on it regularly. I really like it because it pays you to watch and upload videos. If you wanna check out my nature videos on Viuly you can sign up from HERE!! It will earn me and you a bit of cash if you do!! Thanks ;) Or if you want to watch my videos on You Tube click here ;)



My Channel ;)




2 comments:

  1. Hello. I found my cat playing with a very small snake the other day. My camera was to hand so I took a photo, but it doesn't seem to correspond to any of the species in your blog. It has a very particular pattern of colour. If you are interested, I could email you the photo if you have an email address. Please reply to (gilessteve at hot mail dot com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see it!, Sorry I didn't reply faster, for some reason it didn't show me your commment ;)

      My email is alfreydylan@gmail.com

      Delete