Tuesday 15 November 2016

The Five Rarest Animals In The UK

1.  Black Fox.




This animal is so rare, it has only been spotted 5 times in the last 6 years! It has black fur as opposed to red fur as it carries a rare genetic defect that means that the fox retains the black color it was born with.









2. Red squirrels.



There are only 140,000 Red squirrels left in the UK. There are at least 2.5 million Grey squirrels! It is also an endangered specie in Italy and Ireland.











3. Pine martens.



They are preyed by: Golden eagles, Red foxes, wolves and wildcats! But there biggest threat is humans. They became extinct in this country in the 20th century due to pouching and loss of habitat! They are trying to bring them back into the countrysides.







4. Sand Lizard.



It is one of the rarest reptiles in UK. In fact it is so rare that the British law makes it an offence if you kill, injure, capture or disturb them or their habitat! Due to loss of habitat you can only find it on a protected heathland site in Surrey.







5. Common Cuckoos.



It has become one of the most endangered birds in the UK. Cuckoo numbers have dropped by 65% since the 1980's and the worst thing is that know one know's why!! Some people think it is because of the decreased number of prey.








Thanks for reading my blog!!

I found this new awesome video platform called Viuly, I started using it a few months ago and I upload nature videos on it regularly. I really like it because it pays you to watch and upload videos. If you wanna check out my nature videos on Viuly you can sign up from HERE!! It will earn me and you a bit of cash if you do!! Thanks ;) Or if you want to watch my videos on You Tube click here ;)



My Channel ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment