Wednesday 3 December 2014

Night life on the Streets of Shipka

My brother and I were going to make a video on the streets at night. As soon as I went out onto the street, I saw 4 or 5 locusts which were gigantic. My brother also found a green toad which he gave to me and it started to release some kind of liquid that smelt like dung and urine mixed together, it reeked! We were just about to start our video, when a female horn beetle flew into my brother's hair. He started screaming and shaking his head!  After about 2 minutes of screaming he finally shook it off. We were going home when I found a huge millipede.  I picked it up and it smelt of rotten eggs!! As soon as I got home I washed my hands and ate my dinner :)

Here is some information about green toads:

European green toads will change their colour in response to heat and light changes.
Female toads are larger than male toads and can lay 9,000 to 15,000 eggs at a time.
The toads mainly eat crickets and caterpillars. 

Here is a picture my dad took of a green toad in Koprinka
Green toad

No comments:

Post a Comment