Sunday 30 November 2014

How I Found This Fire Salamander


Hey guys today I'm making a Blog about how I found this salamander in the video


Me and my mum went walking up in the forest for spring water and it happened to be that I brought my camera. So whilst we were walking in the forest I spotted a beautiful Fire salamander I picked it up a few times and I filmed it. It was strange because last time I touched a Fire salamander I felt very sick but this time I didn't


INFO ABOUT FIRE SALAMANDERS 

Fire salamanders live in central Europe forests and in hilly areas. They need water to lay their eggs. They come out at night or when its raining to eat,Fire salamanders eat slugs,worms and insects.
They can also eat newts and young frogs!!!. The Fire salamander can grow up to 25 centimetres long.
Some are potentially dangerous to human life!!!!
Some baby Fire salamanders I found















Some baby  fire salamanders I found in a puddle about 2 years ago















2 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT FILM! HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO FIND SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHILE TAKING A WALK.
    WONDER WHY YOU FELT SICK THE FIRST TIME?
    DO YOU THINK THE COLOURATION IS A WARNING TO PREDATORS THAT ITS POISONOUS?
    GAGA & GRANDMA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      Thank you, I definitely think that the colouration is a warning to predators.
      I do not know why I felt sick last time.

      Delete